söndag 7 juni 2009

Regleringar i verkligheten, igen

Regleringar innebär närmast per definition svartmarknad och förbjuden frukt-lockelse - nu från Boing Boing:

Anyway, I now operate a little mini-library that no one has access to but myself. Practically a real library, because I keep an inventory log and give people due dates and everything. I would be in so much trouble if I got caught, but I think it's the right thing to do because before I started, almost no kid at school but myself took an active interest in reading! Now not only are all the kids reading the banned books, but go out of their way to read anything they can get their hands on.

Utöver ovanstående skiftar dessutom regleringar fokus från verkliga problem - från Physorg:

As such, Medicare will reduce reimbursement rates to hospitals if one of eight hospital-acquired conditions develops during the patient's stay; hospital falls and trauma were included as one of these eight.

"Our greatest concern is that the heightened focus on fall prevention will have unintended consequences," notes Inouye. These are likely to include a decrease in mobility and a resurgence in the use of physical restraints and other restraining devices, such as bed alarms, in what Inouye calls "a misguided effort to prevent fall-related injuries.

Inga kommentarer: