Jag behöver definitivt rensa upp i webbläsaren:
- David Kessler, former head of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA): "The real problem is we have created a world where food is always available and where that food is designed to make you want to eat more of it. For millions of people, modern food is simply impossible to resist." - Times
- The report says a computer modeling study using National Cancer Institute's Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) registries estimated that more than one in four cancers detected in whites (29 percent) and nearly half of cancers detected in blacks (44 percent) were overdiagnosed cancers. A similar model using data from Europe estimated a 50 percent overdiagnosis rate. The authors say patients who are diagnosed with clinically insignificant tumors are subject to unnecessary diagnostic tests and unneeded treatment and suffer psychosocial harms. They are also labeled "a cancer patient," which can have negative economic consequences. Also, say the authors, overdiagnosis significantly affects 5-year survival statistics, making them uninformative in demonstrating progress in cancer control. - Physorg
- Fantastisk illusion - via Richard Wiseman
- [Four reproductive health researchers] cite evidence indicating withdrawal is almost as reliable as condoms over the course of a year. And while interrupting intercourse before ejaculation has obvious drawbacks, it's a reasonable strategy for monogamous couples who aren't worried about venereal diseases and have difficulty with other methods. - Physorg
- Data from a trial of more than 800 older people initially showed that those who eat plenty of oily fish seem to have better cognitive function.
But factors such as education and mood explained most of the link. - BBC
- Residents of Toledo, Ohio, are complaining that they received $25 tickets for parking their vehicles in their own driveways. - MSNBC
- How fast can evolution take place? In just a few years, according to a new study on guppies led by UC Riverside's Swanne Gordon, a graduate student in biology. - EurekAlert
- China's Ministry of Culture is to conduct a campaign against lip-synching and false musical instrument performance across the country.
It will also issue new regulations and punishment provisions to prevent lip-synching in commercial performance, cracking down on lip-synching that has damaged the credibility of the performing market and become increasingly serious. - People's Daily
- Södra Afrikas största regnskog hittad via Google Earth - BBC
- "Tank Man" från ny vinkel - Lens
- Tvisten om en trädkojas vara eller icke vara har nu klättrat enda upp i Kammarrätten. Detta trots att varken familjen som byggde den – eller grannen som klagade på den – bor kvar. - Värmlands Folkblad
- It’s Now Legal to Catch a Raindrop in Colorado - New York Times