fredag 28 november 2008

You say tomato, I say drug raid

Från Telegraph:

[79-åriga Lulu Mathesons] 47-year-old son Gus, a former driver, was looking out of the window when he saw police cars stop outside.
He said: "I wondered what on earth was going on. I opened the door and they more or less barged past, saying that I was growing cannabis on the windowsills.
"I started laughing because I knew they were tomato plants but it wasn't so funny when they frisked me and then started tearing the house apart."
Mr Matheson said he was held in the bedroom while officers searched the furniture and under the mattress. He also said that the police impounded the family's pet dogs.
"They even 'arrested' Zac, our black labrador, and Moby, our Jack Russell, putting them in the back of one of the cop cars," Mr Matheson added.
"And I just couldn't believe it when they brought sniffer dogs all the way from Alness, which is about two hours away."
He went on: "Despite leaving with their tails between their legs, the police didn't even apologise."
/.../
A police spokesman said: "We can confirm that, acting on information, we attended at an address in the Shieldaig area.
"No drugs were found as a result of the search."